Thursday, July 09, 2009

Some Thrifting
I wanted to share some recent thrift store and doll show finds. We went to the doll show a few weeks back and had an absolute blast. Bean and I spent time together digging through boxes of old doll clothing and beanie babies - the later of which was for her. Then we followed it up with dinner at the Rainforest Cafe - and it really sucks. The decor might be fun but the food is just over priced, tasteless and nasty. Even the children's burger was burned so badly that Bean wouldn't eat it. I don't think we'll ever be going back.



Vintage doll dress, the cutest pink vintage jewelry box ever (I really love this find), 2 small watches, a clip, some hand made embrodiered napkins, a pin and my favorite - a vintage goody swan hair clip that I only paid $2 for. The doll show was really empty this time which allowed me some good finds.



My pippos 'Amelia' in a vintage doll dress and a cameo necklace. The quality of the dress is amazing. I almost think someone made it out of their wedding gown.

A vintage Norcrest swan. I want to put pearl necklaces in it.

And finally some vintage pillowcases. They are so soft, light and airy. And their new home is on my sewing room futon.


No comments: