Saturday, June 27, 2009

Some recent thrifting. The vintage train case I'm going to repurpose to hold some craft supplies. I don't know what I'll do with the patterns. But I love the vintage styles. The first has an old black rotary phone, the second is a sack style dress with a tie - I can't imagine it looking all that flattering but love that they are all wearing pearls. The last is a simple Jackie O coat pattern.
Please excuse our poor deck. I had repainted it less than 6 months ago with Behr. And it peeled in the winter cold. It's under warrenty but I've been to busy to pursue it. It'll have to be sanded and repainted again.

2 comments:

happydollygirl said...

If you painted it less than 6 mos ago, that would mean you painted it in January? I'm confuzzled! :)

Neat patterns. I tried to make a coat into a dress that was very similar with a pattern from my grandma. It was a bit of a disaster, but hey, I learned a lot about sergers... ;)

Melancholywings said...

Oh it has been longer now! It went to crap in late Dec during that big snow that had us stuck. But I painted it in Oct I think.